The Victim Center operates a 24-hour hotline service and provides trained Volunteer Victim Advocates or professional staff members to be available on a 24-hour, seven day a week basis for telephone support and immediate crisis intervention, including hospital and/or police station accompaniment, crisis counseling, and referral services when appropriate.
- Advocates on-call 24-hours a day
- Availability to talk on the phone
- Availability to meet at the hospital or police department
The Victim Center provides comprehensive victim advocacy services, which includes interacting with law enforcement agencies, medical personnel, social service agencies, and the civil and/or criminal justice system on behalf of the victim or their family.
- Safety Planning
- Emergency Ex Parte order of protection
- Assistance obtaining community resources and referrals
- Court, hospital, and law-enforcement accompaniment
The Victim Center provides individual, family, couple, and group counseling services for all victims of sexual or violent crime.
- Trauma-based counseling for individuals and families (men, women, children)
- Child Parent Relationship Therapy: For parents who would like to learn how to support their child through special play sessions at home
- Sexual Assault Survivor Group: For adult survivors of rape, child sexual abuse, or sexual assault
- Family Violence Group: For those dealing with violence at home
- SAFE (Sexually At-Risk Family Enrichment) Group: For parents with sexually acting out children
- Art Therapy Group: For survivors who want to learn how to use art as a tool for healing
Our Prevention Education classes take place in schools, businesses, and organizations. The education is aimed at helping community members avoid victimization.